Saturday, September 26, 2009

Hug a Hero

Our girls have really been missing daddy a lot and so I wanted to find something that would help them cope with Andrew being MIA for so long. While on line I found a website called "Hug a Hero" and you can send in a photo of your loved one and they will print it and make a little stuffed doll for you but it cost about 40 bucks a doll so....I decided to make my own. On the website it shows customers sending in pics of their kids carrying the dolls everywhere and doing everything with it like it gave them a sense of daddy being there. Well, my kids were never much for being attached to any one thing as babies so I didn't think they would like them as much as they do. It's so sweet, they go to sleep with them, play house with it and pretend daddy is talking and having tea with them, they give it hugs and kisses morning and night just like they would with daddy. I didn't make one for Cyri yet but sometimes she will steal one of the older girls and you will find her tucked away in a corner watching tv snuggling with it. I bought a few voice recorders from Build a Bear and sent them to Andrew so he can record messages on them and I will put them inside the dolls too so they can also hear his voice.



2 comments:

  1. May, This is so precious! What a GREAT idea to do with your girls. You are such a good mom! I can't imagine how hard it must be for you all to be away from Andrew for so long. What a cute solution. Very creative. Love the pics and love the blog. Thanks for sharing. Love you.. Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Tricia just said everything I was about too, soo DITTO! LOL You ARE a great mom! Thanks for sharing your precious princesses with us =D

    ReplyDelete